If you are facing trouble in sending/receiving email to/from a specific email address, this article can be helpful as it explains you how to track email address in cPanel.
Using Track Delivery Feature in cPanel.
Every message sent to an email account in the last 30 days can be viewed with the help of a cPanel tool; Track Delivery. This feature allows you to check delivery reports of emails, errors occurred while sending emails and also check whether Spam Assassin is doing its job (filtering out incoming spam or unwanted emails) right.
The Run Report option allows you to view most recent logs and details like timestamp, sender, receiver, spam score and delivery status of each email. You can also identify problems in the email delivery by tracking the entire email delivery route.
Besides, you can get more specific details like email addresses of a domain if needed.
To track an email delivery in cPanel, follow the steps.
STEP1: Login to your cPanel interface.
STEP2: Click on the “Track Delivery” icon under the “Email” section.
STEP3 (1): To view delivery status of a specific email address in the last 30days, enter the email address under “Recipient Email (optional)” text box.
STEP3(2): Click on the “Show All” option.
STEP3(3): To see the full delivery report of the selected email, select “i”-icon.
Before we move onto the next step, let’s understand the types of filters in Email Track Delivery.
- Show Successes: Emails that are successfully delivered to the destination are displayed here.
- Show Deferred: The option shows all the emails with a warning, which have been differed by the system.
- Show Failures: Emails which are not delivered to the destination are displayed here along with the errors occurred during the transmission of emails.
- Show-in-Progress: Shows the details of emails that are currently being transmitted.
STEP4: The delivery report displays that the email has been sent to the recipient by the sender through the local server without any issues. It also displays a lot of useful data for troubleshooting.
The following are the email details you can find in track delivery report:
- Event: Displays the icon of success, failure or deferred emails.
- Sender: Displays the email address of the sender.
- Sent Time: Displays the date and time in which an email was sent.
- Spam Score: Displays Apache SpamAssassin spam score.
- Recipient: Displays the email address of the recipient.
- Score: Displays errors encountered by the system while sending the email. It describes the delivery result.
- Action: An information icon that shows the detail of the report.
STEP5: You can also add different options to the table according to your needs as shown in the screenshot below.
So, with the help of this guide, you can track any email address by yourself. If you still seek assistance from a professional, feel free to connect with us. With unrivalled support, we at Amaze, help your business to grow by assisting you in keeping a track of all your important emails.